Friday, June 27, 2008

Ok, so thing is being a pain in the butt today. Here's the start of the long-awaited "Spring in Review."

The first picture is Jacob on a giant snowbank. This picture was taken in April. We didn't have a very pleasant spring. Weather was in the 40s and 50s, and that was in May. We didn't get to plant any corn in April. Come to think of it, we didn't do much of anything in the fields in April.

Second picture is my new baby! This is Eckert Griffey Gessie at about 3 weeks, a daughter of Test Greta and granddaughter of my first Ayrshire, Spring-Valley RW-Girl (aka Willie). Gessie was born March 1, so she's a full-age spring calf. She was born in Medford, but moved south for the summer. I was down to just two Ayrshires, one from Willie and one from a Moy-Ayr cow I bought, so getting a heifer calf is a big deal. My count is now at four. My little sister, Kaitlyn, qualified Gessie for the Wisconsin State Fair in August, which is the largest junior show in the country. If she does well there, we might try to get her in some bigger open shows this fall. She's pretty, but she's also quite a character and will be spoiled rotten by Labor Day, I'm sure.

No comments: